Saturday, February 14, 2009

Serez vous ma valentine

Be my Valentine, for I
Each day have thought of you.
My whole life couldn't manage what
Your ready smile can do,
Vanquishing my loneliness
As though all light were new.
Let me be your Valentine
Even as you're mine,
Needing what I have to give
That each might each define
In friendship and in harmony,
Now you, now I the melody,
Each helping each to shine.

Valentine’s Day. The day of the romantic couple. Sending valentine cards first became fashionable in Great Britain in the 19th century. Since the 19th century, handwritten notes have given way to the more mass-produced commercial greeting cards. Esther Howland created and sold the first mass-produced valentines in the United States. The Valentines Day frenzy is hot and furious but no one could suggest it isn’t a moneymaker for greetings card companies and florists alike.

This year my Valentine’s Day plans aren’t going to be spectacular but I’d like my Dearest to know how important she is to me.

 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I, being the aforementioned Dearest, had a great day. Thank you very much. Not neccesarily spent entirely with my sweetie but very much appreciated. <3

necrodancer said...

Vuoi uscire con me?