Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Apparently. . .

11 years ago, I left California. I took my family and we moved 2000 miles from the only place we had called home. I had a few friends in Southern California. Sadly, I lost contact with just about everyone. It is difficult when life and distance interfere with relationships.

Were we really that close? That is what I must consider now. Although I considered some of these wonderful people an integral part of my life, it seems obvious that my perception and reality weren't quite aligned. Sad, really.

So, now, I have friends in Illinois and I am living in Southern California. I am left to wonder. Will these relationships prove stronger than distance and life trials? If they do, what made these stronger than those relationships I had over 10 years ago?

No comments: