Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Friendship

“The worst solitude is to be destitute of sincere friendship.” - Francis Bacon
We come into this life alone to a family who will love us no matter what. Mother and Father nurture. Regardless of how they might feel, brothers and sisters are pretty much stuck with us. This is true for the rest of the family as well. However, friends choose to be part of our lives. I am grateful for those people in my life who've chosen to be my friend. I am ever so grateful that my brothers and sisters have chosen to be my friends too. I am a lucky man, indeed.

Still, it is the friend who is key to making the most out of life. A rainbow is more colorful when shared with a friend. The moon and stars shine brighter when sitting beneath them with a friend. Dark clouds lose their power to threaten when a friend stands by our side. Great discoveries are greater when shared with a friend. Sadness is more bearable when a friend bouys us up. Jokes are funnier when told to a friend.
“There is nothing we like to see so much as the gleam of pleasure in a person's eye when he feels that we have sympathized with him, understood him. At these moments something fine and spiritual passes between two friends. These are the moments worth living.” – Don Marquis
Is there anything more valuable than friendship! I am grateful for friends near and far. I am grateful for friends I've never met in person. I am grateful for friends who agree with me. I am grateful for friends who know they can disagree with me. I am grateful for friends who can say anything. I am grateful for friends who don't need to say anything. I am grateful for friends who love me the way I am. I am grateful for friends who love me for who I could become. I am most grateful for my best friend, who loves me, with whom I'll spend all eternity, my wife.

No comments: