Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Xbox 360 positioning itself for Japan Market

“If the current lineup [of games] in development for the next-generation Xbox was revealed,” Okamoto said in the interview, “it would not only surprise users, but the entire industry. There probably wouldn’t be anyone [in Japan] that would still be uninterested in buying the next-generation Xbox when they see the lineup.” He called the still-under-wraps list “a powerful fleet of Japanese designers” — Hirohiko Niizumi @ GameSpot, 04/04/05 06:34 PM PST

Japan has always remained a very difficult market for Microsoft’s Xbox to penetrate. It looks like Microsoft is trying to do something that will ensure their success in the world’s largest electronic entertainment market – only time will tell whether the strategy will work.

I must admit that I've been a fan of the Xbox for some time and am looking forward to the work for which these developers show promise.

4 comments:

GPV said...

I play all kinds of games on PC.
Is Xbox much better??

GPV said...

And another thing ND;you're too buzy to post a bit?
Why did you take off the posting about virtual property? I thought
it was interesting.

necrodancer said...

I was heavily into PC gaming but it started to seem as though everytime a new game came out, I had to upgrade my computer. That was very annoying. I decided that if I invested in a console, I would be garranteed at least a couple years before I had to upgrade - the developers would work on existing hardware rather than the next best and greatest. Out of all the consoles, the Xbox hardware is superior. Also, the games developed for the Xbox seem to be more specific to my tastes - I'm not into pokemon and that...

As for the post about virtual property - it's still there, it has just been archived into March...

necrodancer said...

Oops, I was wrong. The virtual property article is just a couple steps above this one.