Friday, January 01, 2010

New Years Revolution

You say you have a New Years resolution? Well, you know, people want to improve themselves. You suggest it’s the best solution? Well, you know, people want to improve themselves. But when you talk about resolutions, don’t you know you can count me out! Don’t you know it’s gonna take more than that? All right, all right.

You say you have a real solution. Well, you know, we don’t all want to see your plan. You say you want my contribution. Well, you know, I prefer my goals to last. But when you want to base yours on the turn of the year, they’s something less than substantial. All I can tell is brother you have to change something more than the calendar. Don’t you know it’s gonna take more than that? All right, all right.

You say you’ll change with this resolution? Well, you know, you’ll have to change your head. You tell me it’s the passing of a brand new year? Well, you know, you better change inside, too. Still, if you insist on that brand of thought, it’s better than doing nothing at all. Don’t you know it’s gonna take more than that? All right, all right.

*** *** ***

This last year has to go down as one very tough year. I have to admit I’ve seen growth in this turbulence. It’s time for more than just resolutions, I’m afraid. Time for something of a revolution, yes!

No comments: