Thursday, October 16, 2008

Insatiable Hunger









"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
~ Charles M. Schulz







I sit looking at this picture of scrumptious and decadent treats and I realize something about appetite, desires, needs and wants. The past few days, I have been hungry. I've eaten though I haven't indulged in the frivolous
except maybe for that bowl of ice cream before climbing into bed last night. I'm hungry. I have not satiated the hunger nor have I found a way to put this behind me.

I wonder how unusual this is. How many others are there that experience this kind of thing?


2 comments:

reb said...

You make an interesting point, probably most people in "1st world" countries have frequently indulged in the frivolous, without thinking much of it, while much of the world is needlessly unaware of the scumptious and decadent treats you mention.

necrodancer said...

I think there are many luxuries in our lives that we consider vital, though reality suggests different. One of the more difficult tasks for people who struggle with a budget to undertake is recognizing what is a luxury and what is a necessity.

Our burden pales in comparison to what others must suffer.