Friday, December 31, 2010

Inspire Those Around You...

I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. i possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration, I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The last day of the year has come, we'll celebrate or morn the passing of 2010 with a party tonight or alone in front of a blaring television. I have heard many lament the stresses and worry that have plagued us. I would like to remember 2010 for the good and maybe forget all the rest. Maybe, just maybe, an attitude that focuses on the positive will bring or attract positive. We all know how much we could use more positive.

1 comment:

Cinema Sweetheart said...

Very true; very true. Hope you had a wonderful New Year, though :)